Here are some of the responses we have received following our concerts, including snippets of reviews, thank-you cards and letters etc.
- "I love Octameron's original sound and the thought they put into their choice of songs. Nothing makes me feel Christmassier in the festive period than to put on their Christmas album. They all sound so natural together, one has to remind oneself of all the thought and time that goes into producing such wonderful harmonies! A mixture of nostalgia and class on a disc! Love it!"
- "[The Blue Skies CD] is such a box of treasures, some of which I have loved singing myself (Lauridsen, Gjeilo) … I especially love the James MacMillan.”"
- "Many, many thanks for your concert on Sunday. You sing with such enjoyment and precision and it was a thoroughly enjoyable evening."
Judith Johnson - St John's Church, Bentham
- "Saturday's concert was a sheer delight. Lovely music and so diverse. Thank you to all concerned."
Sue Simpson - Low Bentham
- "Thank you so very much for the splendid concert last night. A great choice of programme and superbly executed... So many glowing comments of enjoyment from people in church this morning."
Val Baulard - Wesley Methodist Church, Heysham
- "Local singing group Octameron performed A Harvest of Song and helped smooth the passage from summer to autumn.
The audience enjoyed a delightful and very professionally-presented programme of music that featured a wide range of autumnal songs."
Allan Evans - Craven Herald
- "The title - Anything Goes - really says it all for this talented group, as they are equally at ease singing Oscar Hammerstein numbers as melodies penned by King Henry VIII.
Their varied programme covers music of many styles, but all have the distinctive Octameron trademark and
are performed with great flair and the occasional dash of wry humour."
Gill O'Donnell - Craven Herald
If you would like to
- book Octameron
- find out more
- make any comments
- purchase a CD
to contact us by email.